Friday, July 26, 2013

My Poems-2


IF MARCUS ANTONIUS COME AGAIN




Friends, Indians, countrymen, lend me your ears
I come to bury her, not to praise her
The evil that men do live after them
The good is oft interred with their bones
So let it be her.

The noble Beant singh hath told you
She was dictatorial! Ambitious! Undemocratic!
If it were so, it was a grievous fault;
and grievously hath she answered it.
and Beant singh is an honourable man.

I saw not, her refusing the crown ever
but crown was often thrust upon her.
she never wept with the poor
For she was in tears bankrupt
Did this prove her unsympathetic or undemocratic?

Now it is winter
snow falls and balls for nothing
news ends in news
Zero ends in zero
Endless ends in endless.

Oh! Patriots! be not excited!
Oh! friends! be quiet! be self-controlled!
look......here......this one! .......this!...
Are the mortal depths dug by beant singh
If you have tears, shed them now.

She would have consoled Mahatma in time 
For he only received three
She but thirty nearly
A brute tribute of her beloved nation.Oh! friends!

Indians! countrymen! lend me your ears
I come to bury her, not to praise her.
Oh! God! My lord! What do I see?
Sword!....Pistol!....Stun gun!......Riffle!......
Please friends! .....Patriots!.....Don’t kill me
Oh!...horrible.....what cracks!.......penetrates........






REFERENCE
*The great orator, Mark Anthony’s speech.(julius Caesar-William Shakespeare)
*Mrs.Indira Gandhi was assassinated on October 1984.
*The suspected Assassin.
C.T.William

No comments:

Post a Comment